Engineering Geology ,
Established in 2017, D&N is a growing national geotechnical consultancy with established offices in Canberra and Brisbane, and a project portfolio that extends from northern Qld, the eastern seaboard and Melbourne. Our geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, and environmental scientists work on various projects for clients of all sizes across central and eastern Australia.
Our approach is driven by a commitment to understanding our client’s needs, problem-solving, and collaborating to deliver high-quality project outcomes, commercially, technically, and for the community
About the Role:
Our national team is seeking a senior engineering geologist/geotechnical engineer to join our team in Brisbane, Canberra or Sydney who has at least 8 years’ consulting experience.
The role offers the opportunity to work with our passionate team on a diverse portfolio of design and investigation projects, including national-scale transport infrastructure, renewable energy, and multi-level commercial developments.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your technical, project management, and leadership skills to plan, coordinate and deliver a variety of geotechnical investigations and reports.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team of geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, environmental scientists, and sub-consultants at a national level.
- Assist in the procurement phase of the project by assisting with tendering and preparing innovative fee proposals that respond accurately to our client’s needs.
- Contribute meaningfully in the project delivery phase to ensure project outcomes are of a high-quality standard.
- Undertake fieldwork commensurate with your role requirements, experience level, and business needs.
- Coordinate and manage geotechnical construction support projects.
- Undertake geotechnical analysis and data interpretation.
- Mentor, guide, and manage junior engineers to assist in developing their skills and knowledge.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Understand, uphold, and communicate D&N’s Quality, Environmental, and Safety Management system.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a minimum of 8 years’ professional consulting experience as a geotechnical engineer.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering a variety of geotechnical investigation and design projects.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoy working within the office and in the field.
- Degree qualified in Earth Science, Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Tertiary education is desirable.
- Ideally the candidate will have CPEng/RPGeo or have the demonstrable experience to obtain within an agreed timeframe.
- Australian work rights.
Benefits of Working with D&N Geotechnical:
- The role would suit someone ready to take the next step in their career, by putting your own stamp on projects of national significance in a supportive environment.
- We offer:
- Competitive salary packages, allowing our staff to enjoy the benefits of their efforts.
- Eligible employees with the opportunity to purchase an additional 10 days of annual leave per calendar year.
- A flexible work environment with a genuine career progression path and provide our team with professional growth opportunities.
- A diverse and inclusive environment where you can grow your skills and profile within the consultancy and where your abilities will be supported and recognised.
To, please submit your CV and covering letter through this advert.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.