Engineering Geology ,
About the Role
Our Brisbane team is seeking a project engineering geologist/geotechnical engineer, who has 2 – 6 years’ experience.
The role offers the opportunity to work with our passionate team of professionals to ensure that projects are designed and executed in a safe, sustainable, and environmentally responsible manner.
You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects, including national-scale transport infrastructure, renewable energy, and multi-level commercial developments.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Carry our complex geotechnical design for a range of subsurface conditions and structures.
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team of geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, environmental scientists, and sub-consultants at a national level.
- Assist in the procurement phase of the project by assisting with tendering and preparing innovative fee proposals that respond accurately to our client’s needs.
- Contribute meaningfully in the project delivery phase to ensure project outcomes are of a high-quality standard.
- Undertake fieldwork commensurate with your role requirements, experience level, and business needs.
- Coordinate and manage geotechnical construction support projects.
- Undertake geotechnical analysis and data interpretation.
- Mentor, guide, and manage junior engineers to assist in developing their skills and knowledge.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Understand, uphold, and communicate D&N’s Quality, Environmental, and Safety Management system.
The successful applicant will:
- Ready to take the next step in your consulting career.
- Possess a professional consulting experience within Australia, New Zealand, or overseas.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering a variety of geotechnical investigation projects.
- The ability to carry out innovative and quality geotechnical analysis of slopes, foundations, piles, and retaining structures and to clearly communicate with our team and clients, including writing clear and concise reports.
- Possess excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English.
- Enjoy working within the office and in the field.
- A commitment to health and safety.
- Degree qualified in Earth Science, Civil Engineering, or Geotechnical Engineering.
- 2 – 6 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Have Australian working rights or be able to present a viable path within your application to do so.
Benefits of Working with D&N Geotechnical
The role would suit someone ready to take the next step in their career by putting their own stamp on projects of national significance in a supportive environment.
- Competitive salary packages, allowing our staff to enjoy the benefits of their efforts.
- Eligible employees with the opportunity to purchase an additional 10 days of annual leave per calendar year.
- A flexible work environment with a genuine career progression path and provide our team with professional growth opportunities.
- A diverse and inclusive environment where you can grow your skills and profile within the consultancy and where your abilities will be supported and recognised.
To, please submit your CV and covering letter through this advert.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.