About the Role
Our Brisbane team is seeking an associate level environmental scientist/engineer, who has at least 8 years’ consulting experience in the geoscience and remediation sector. The Brisbane Associate Environmental Scientist will work with the wider D&N environment team to support our growing environmental service delivery in Queensland.
The responsibilities of the position are to:
- Plan, coordinate and deliver a variety of small to large scale investigation and assessment reports across the land contamination and in-ground risks sector.
- Coordinate and manage environmental support and monitoring projects.
- Identify, transform and deliver opportunities from a diverse range of client and industries.
- Prepare innovative and accurate fee proposals that respond to our client’s needs.
- Play your part within the wider D&N team across Australia.
- Manage and mentor junior scientists and engineers.
- Uphold strict project administration and commercial requirements in accordance with our Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental processes.
The successful applicant will:
- Degree qualified in Earth Science, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 8 years’ professional consulting experience as an environmental scientist/engineer.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering investigation, monitoring and remediation projects in accordance with nationally and state recognised guidance.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoy working within the office as well as in the field, possessing a robust and demonstratable technical understanding of field sampling/monitoring and analytical methods.
- Be competent in a range of environmental data management software packages such as Esdat, Gint etc.
- Australian work rights.
Benefits of Working with D&N Geotechnical
We offer the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment of integrated geo-environmental professionals servicing a diverse range of clients. We deliver multi-disciplinary advice in a clear and understandable manner, supporting our clients from identifying opportunities and constraints through to providing timely and effective construction support. We pride ourselves on allowing our staff to enjoy the benefits of their efforts by offering competitive salary packages and opportunities for challenges and development. You will be a part of an environment where you will be supported to deliver for our clients as well as continuously to positively develop in your chosen career path.